This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Bunny mark with 3 draw versions

curly-bracecurly-brace Posts: 13Member
edited September 2016 in Resources
Hello,

i've made a bunnymark for Godot.
It has 3 scenes:
- low-level VisualServer
- Sprite nodes
- texture_draw function

It also has convenient add and remove buttons.

performance is nevertheless very slow.

Tags :

Comments

• Shin-NiLShin-NiL Posts: 158Member
    Great work, my friend  :)<br /><br />I did a slightly different test some time ago, using this code as basis. What I did was port that GDScript node (bunny.gd) code to a CPP module to campare.<br /> <br />Result displaying 5,000 bunnies<br />CPP Module (editor) -> 58 FPS<br />GDScript (editor) -> 17 FPS<br />CPP Module (Linux 64 release exported) -> 60 FPS<br />GDScript (Linux 64 release exported) -> 28 FPS
  • curly-bracecurly-brace Posts: 13Member
    so this is indeed gdscript's performance benchmark?  ;D<br />the reason i made all in single script was to remove thousands of scripts running every frame, but it does not changed anything.
  • MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin
    Question: are these scripts threaded? If not could threaded variations be made, since that could be relevant... ;)
  • curly-bracecurly-brace Posts: 13Member
    on 1464700898:
    <br />Question: are these scripts threaded? If not could threaded variations be made, since that could be relevant... ;)<br />
    <br /><br />i do not get the idea. how to thread the loop, which moves objects around? divide the object list into several tiles and work on them in different threads?