This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Turn Based Champion

SearchlightGamesSearchlightGames Posts: 6Member
edited June 2018 in Projects

Turn Based Champion is a DokaponKingdom/MarioParty like that I started making a couple weeks ago and have been streaming the development of on my twitch channelhttps://twitch.tv/searchlightgames. The game is a local multiplayer party game where you compete to defeat the most bosses and complete the most dungeons. The battle in it is turn-based(hence the name), and it also has many other features that are influenced by classic turn based rpgs. The dungeons will be comparable to Mario Party minigames while still staying true to the core influence and mechanics. I hope to have it released on steam and xbox by the end of summer next year.
https://giphy.com/gifs/l1J9KwdV8ssaf97TG

Tags :

Comments

• BinaryOrangeBinaryOrange Posts: 244Member

Wow, I love the art style! Excellent work!

• 1000h1000h Posts: 133Member
    edited September 2017

this is really cute, reminds me of dokapon kingdom + ff1. i dont konw if its just my internet but the gifs have effects which seem very slow, so i can imagine that if playing id want the effects to be sped up by like 20x

• @1000h said:
    this is really cute, reminds me of dokapon kingdom + ff1. i dont konw if its just my internet but the gifs have effects which seem very slow, so i can imagine that if playing id want the effects to be sped up by like 20x

Thanks that is exactly what I'm going for! Do you mean the particle effects? If so I see what you mean, especially for the bomb-chest, so I will definitely work on that. Thanks for the help!

• 1000h1000h Posts: 133Member

@SearchlightGames said:
    Do you mean the particle effects?

yeah the particle effects should be way faster and snappier

• Alright finally have a full game cycle full of minigames, some bosses, and some other updates. Currently working on balancing the game but soon enough I will have a fully functioning demo!

• IcarusIcarus Posts: 13Member

This project is very interesting it brings up a lot of nostalgia from playing Mario Party. Are you still making this on your own?

• @Icarus said:
    This project is very interesting it brings up a lot of nostalgia from playing Mario Party. Are you still making this on your own?

Thanks a lot! And yes I am, although there is a board game version that I'm working on with some friends. Plan on posting more updates about it soon

• IcarusIcarus Posts: 13Member

@SearchlightGames said:

@Icarus said:

Thanks a lot! And yes I am, although there is a board game version that I'm working on with some friends. Plan on posting more updates about it soon

Awesome I will definitely look out for them. Keep up the good work :)

• SearchlightGamesSearchlightGames Posts: 6Member

Turn-Based Champion has officially been released on Steam! Feel free to check it out!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/847230/TurnBased_Champion/