This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Connected bones support

MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed

Hi there,

Does Godot 3 support connected bones ?

The initial model was animated in Blender with bones connections

This is how it looks in Godot, bone connected with offsets are not working

Best Answer

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561
    Accepted Answer

Maybe it is the animation? Maybe try exporting with just a static pose and see if the bones are in right positions?

I thought I had a model with floating bones to test, but it turns out I don't, so I cannot currently confirm whether or not floating connected bones work. I would see if you can get a static pose working, and then if that doesn't work maybe open a Github issue?

I'll make a quick model to test later, and then I'll report back with my results.

Nice model by the way!

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561Admin
    Accepted Answer

Maybe it is the animation? Maybe try exporting with just a static pose and see if the bones are in right positions?

I thought I had a model with floating bones to test, but it turns out I don't, so I cannot currently confirm whether or not floating connected bones work. I would see if you can get a static pose working, and then if that doesn't work maybe open a Github issue?

I'll make a quick model to test later, and then I'll report back with my results.

Nice model by the way!

• MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed

@TwistedTwigleg said:

Nice model by the way!

Thanks, model is not mine it's a place holder.

Godot 3 doesn't support floating bones, i should redo rigging without using floating bones to get it work like other characters.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561Admin
    edited January 2018

@MagicLord said:

Ah, that would explain why it looks familiar!

Godot 3 doesn't support floating bones, i should redo rigging without using floating bones to get it work like other characters.

Probably best for now. It's strange that Godot doesn't work with floating bones though. Good to know!

Best of luck!

• MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed

@TwistedTwigleg said:

@MagicLord said:

Ah, that would explain why it looks familiar!

Probably best for now. It's strange that Godot doesn't work with floating bones though. Good to know!

Best of luck!

I rigged the model without floating bones, i have the same bug.

It looks like Godot 3 doesn't support rigged models made of individual meshes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.