This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

How to mix animations? (3d, skeleton, 2 anim_players)

TorttortTorttort Posts: 22Member

How to make a smooth blending of animations? Provided that the animations are in different animation_players of one character.
Example: in one player there are animations for all bones (walking, running ... etc.), in the second player there are animations for the bones of one hand (the left hand holds a torch, etc.).

Comments

• CalinouCalinou Posts: 376Admin Godot Developer
    edited February 2018

I think you should use AnimationTreePlayer for this, as demonstrated in the Platformer 3D demo.

• TorttortTorttort Posts: 22Member

I used an AnimationTreePlayer in one of the projects. It is not possible to get the current animation frame. And for large projects it is not good, if there are 100> animations.

• vellisvellis Posts: 14Member

Why isn't it good? Could you elaborate?

Example: there are fewer than 40 animations, a small project. With a lot of animations there will be porridge.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin
    edited February 2018

The issue in usability terms with animationNodeTree similar to shaderGraph from godot 2.x is that we don't have a way to group nodes. I'll see if theres a feature request for that already on github, if not should probably make one and ask for it to be a target for 3.1, especially since shaderGraph is supposed to make a comeback in 3.1, too.

There's this request for shaderGraph:
    https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/3349

And there's this for Visual Scripting:
    https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/12418

So would probably make sense to make a unified proposal for for all three graph based interfaces to include a grouping function. Would have to write up something comprehensive though. Need to think about this.

About mixing for different players. I try to make interpolation by script, but animation overrides the application of the position.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.