This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Lightmap (raytrace) not working?

abgenulltabgenullt Posts: 1Member

Hello everyone,

I've created a simple room in blender and exported it with the better collada exporter.
Now, I'm trying to create a lightmap. With ConeTrace mode, everything looks ok but in RayTrace mode it looks very strange...

ConeTrace:

RayTrace:

You can have a look at the project.

Is it a bug or have I done something wrong?

Answers

• MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed
    edited February 2018

Each time i bake a scene with "BakedLightmap" node, it's always too much dark.
    I can change the quality to high, hdr and have settings bake cellsize =0.1 and capture cellsize =0.1 and , it doesn't change antyhing and the render time is always as fast as 0.1 second.
    Lightmap also removes any global illumination.

It looks like it's not working or buggy.

• Here is the same.... giprobe looks good but bakedlightmap is terrible.... conetrace is to bright and raytrace is to dark with artefacts.... In the documentation from godot it looks like baked light and giprobe is almost the same result... but it isn't!!
    Light baked Issue's

BakedLightmap

GIProbe

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.