This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Collada exporter

pegasusearlpegasusearl Posts: 1Member
edited March 2018 in 3D

Hello, I want to import 3D character and it's animations from blender to godot. It seems that the bone isn't either imported or exported properly, the skeleton has no bone in the import.

Can someone help me? Why is it so hard to import from blender to godot (or any other engine)?
I think I remembered importing other model and animations succesfully by luck in the past, but I can't do that again.
I'm using Better collada exporter.

Blend file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qLJ4edG9zkjaMLouvZOSEPeMqntevTxi

EDIT: My friend is the one made it. I'll forward the thread to him and replied after he replied. I apologize in behalf of my slow response.

Tags :

Best Answer

• MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578
    edited March 2018 Accepted Answer

Blender import is easy, check you selected both armature and model.
    Check "Selected objects", "export animations", "all actions".

The file is 30mo and export is 11mo, it's too big considering the model polycount.
    Your model has one armature per animation while there should be one armature only with all animations.
    Perhaps you didn't import well from mixamo to Blender, do you have some mixamo FBX export ?

Answers

• MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed
    edited March 2018 Accepted Answer

Blender import is easy, check you selected both armature and model.
    Check "Selected objects", "export animations", "all actions".

The file is 30mo and export is 11mo, it's too big considering the model polycount.
    Your model has one armature per animation while there should be one armature only with all animations.
    Perhaps you didn't import well from mixamo to Blender, do you have some mixamo FBX export ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.