This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Blender3D Meshes Losing Modifiers

martymarty Posts: 123Member

I created a simple mesh in Bledner3D, attached a Subdivide modifier to it, then exported it using the BetterColladaExporter.

After importing to Godot, the mesh looks fine, except that the effects of the modifier are missing.

Is this normal with the current version of the exporter? And if so, is there a work-around?

Best Answers

• Ace_DragonAce_Dragon Posts: 323
    Accepted Answer

The export dialogue should contain a checkbox that allows you to apply the modifiers (when selecting "Better Collada" from the export menu).

• martymarty Posts: 123
    edited March 2018 Accepted Answer

[edited]

Ace Dragon was correct!

The option to apply modifiers is disabled by default in the BetterColladaExporter. But if you toggle it, modifiers are exported just fine.

Answers

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin

I haven't tried that exporter but I'd expect it to either have an option in the export window side panel to apply modifiers or only support animation related modifiers.

• Ace_DragonAce_Dragon Posts: 323Member
    Accepted Answer

The export dialogue should contain a checkbox that allows you to apply the modifiers (when selecting "Better Collada" from the export menu).

• martymarty Posts: 123Member
    edited March 2018 Accepted Answer

[edited]

Ace Dragon was correct!

The option to apply modifiers is disabled by default in the BetterColladaExporter. But if you toggle it, modifiers are exported just fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.