This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Save in game level modification ?

MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed
edited May 2018 in 3D

Hi there,

Is this possible to run a scene game, and do some interactions like move some static objects , scale or rotate them; and have a command to save the modified scene directly from the running game ?
I mean in game editing.

Best Answer

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561
    Accepted Answer

Well, this answer from the QA is a little old (pre Godot 3) but it probably will still work with some minor modifications. I’m not sure if you can save over a scene file already created though, but it does look like you can save scenes at runtime.

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561Admin
    Accepted Answer

Well, this answer from the QA is a little old (pre Godot 3) but it probably will still work with some minor modifications. I’m not sure if you can save over a scene file already created though, but it does look like you can save scenes at runtime.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin

Considering that the godot editor is itself a godot 'game' I'd say yes. However that doesn't mean it's necessarily trivial.

• MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed
    edited May 2018

@TwistedTwigleg said:

It's great, i think i found another way to make some sort of plugins.
    You run a game scene with GUI panels and buttons to choose what tool to use on your models, for example select objects with mouse screen raycast , click another button to move and scale, or some other button to use some mesh splatter brush tool, once it's done you click on a save button to save your modified scene as a packed scene.
    It should be an alternative and easy way to make tools because this is exactly the same as creating a game.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.