This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Navmesh on Gridmap

MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed

Hi there,

I tried to bake a navmesh on top of a grid map whose tiles have collision, i have navigation visible on, but nothing is generated.
Is navmesh possible on gridmaps ?

Best Answer

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561
    Accepted Answer

I tried the way it should work and no baking seems to show.

Yeah, I made an example scene and not only does the baking not show, it also does not seem to matter nodes are children of the NavMesh either. Baking a MeshInstance and/or Gridmap shows nothing in the editor.

Also, in the same example scene I made a Gridmap and I could only navigate a agent around on the first tile, regardless of whether or not there was Navmeshes assigned to each tile, or the entire Gridmap was baked using a NavMesh (or any combination of the two). Baking also seems to ignore any MeshInstances, no matter how close or far they are from the player (nor whether or not they have Navmeshes assigned).

I guess Navmeshes are broken right now?

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561Admin

Apparently Navmeshes work on Gridmaps, least it should work if this Github issue is anything to go by. The issue is a little old though, so who knows.

This is the only thing on Gridmaps and Navmeshes I could find, maybe it will help? It's with Godot 2 though, so things have likely changed since then.

• MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed

@TwistedTwigleg said:
    Apparently Navmeshes work on Gridmaps, least it should work if this Github issue is anything to go by. The issue is a little old though, so who knows.

This is the only thing on Gridmaps and Navmeshes I could find, maybe it will help? It's with Godot 2 though, so things have likely changed since then.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561Admin
    Accepted Answer

Yeah, I made an example scene and not only does the baking not show, it also does not seem to matter nodes are children of the NavMesh either. Baking a MeshInstance and/or Gridmap shows nothing in the editor.

Also, in the same example scene I made a Gridmap and I could only navigate a agent around on the first tile, regardless of whether or not there was Navmeshes assigned to each tile, or the entire Gridmap was baked using a NavMesh (or any combination of the two). Baking also seems to ignore any MeshInstances, no matter how close or far they are from the player (nor whether or not they have Navmeshes assigned).

• MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed

@TwistedTwigleg said:

I submitted an issue on GitHub.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.