This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

3D multiplayer game on mobile

HiddendawnHiddendawn Posts: 2Member

Hi all,

After creating a simple 3d game using Godot, we would like to create a multiplayer game for mobiles.
I made a lot of research, didn't find any good working 3D multiplayer mobile game out there.

Does someone has any knowledge about it?
Ideally we want to have this game on the google play store.
If i'm quiet ok with coding and all what's design, i must admit that i'm pretty novice on what concerns the multiplayer part.

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Kindly,

Best Answer

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561
    Accepted Answer

To the best of my knowledge, there is not really a lot of multiplayer Godot games out right now. I would highly suggest looking at the networking projects in the Godot demo repository, and reading through the documentation on networking.

I have no real experience with networking in Godot, so I'm just guessing, but my hunch is the reason there is not many Godot games with networking out right now is because of how new Godot 3 is (Godot 3 is the first stable release with the high level networking), and because of how long it takes to make multiplayer games. I imagine this will change as time goes on and Godot continues to grow :)

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561Admin
    Accepted Answer

To the best of my knowledge, there is not really a lot of multiplayer Godot games out right now. I would highly suggest looking at the networking projects in the Godot demo repository, and reading through the documentation on networking.

I have no real experience with networking in Godot, so I'm just guessing, but my hunch is the reason there is not many Godot games with networking out right now is because of how new Godot 3 is (Godot 3 is the first stable release with the high level networking), and because of how long it takes to make multiplayer games. I imagine this will change as time goes on and Godot continues to grow :)