This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Scene And Signals Help Needed?

BigDCBigDC Posts: 17Member
edited August 2018 in Programming

Lets say I have Scene A running with several nodes in it, of course Scene B is inside of Scene A whith several nodes in it as well. How can I detect when the mouse enters or leaves the Panel node which is a child node of a child node of a child node of an instanced child node scene?

See the below Scene structure...
Scene A, Scene (root node with its own GD script)
----Node
----Scene B, instanced child scene of Scene A
------Hand1 (child node of instanced Scene B)
----------HBoxContainer (child node of child node Hand 1 of Instanced Scene B)
--------------Panel (child node of child node HBoxContainer of child node Hand1 of instanced Scene B, and panel has its own GD Script))

Best Answer

• hippymanhippyman Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer

I'm still pretty new with Godot so sorry if anybody with more experience has a better answer.

From what I've seen so far, it looks like there is a mouse_entered signal already so you can just connect that to whatever node you need to know about that signal.

Answers

• hippymanhippyman Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer

I'm still pretty new with Godot so sorry if anybody with more experience has a better answer.

From what I've seen so far, it looks like there is a mouse_entered signal already so you can just connect that to whatever node you need to know about that signal.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.