This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Character faces wrong direction when moving and AnimationTree doesn't play the animation

RevampedSpiderRevampedSpider Posts: 6Member
edited November 2018 in 3D

Hello guys,

I am making a simple 3D platformer engine in Godot, and I am following Jayanam's tutorials on Third Person Movement to do so.

However, when I move my character he faces the wrong direction and after adding an Animation Tree my character's run animation doesn't play like it's supposed to.

I'm a noob at GDScript, How do I fix these issues?

Tags :

Best Answer

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580
    edited November 2018 Accepted Answer

Looking at your character he is modeled/exported facing backwards. So that should answer that question.

As for the AnimationTreePlayer, you forgot to set the AnimationPlayer as master and make it Active(watch from 5:34 onwards):

edit:
    Here's the "fixed" project, I just rotated the root bone 180 degrees in godot. Not elegant perhaps, but simple.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N3-0XJiD19l-pJTiltYSAZFxUM7pf8YN/view?usp=sharing

since this had nothing to do with programming I also moved the thread to a more appropriate category.

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.