This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

get_pixel issue

BigDCBigDC Posts: 17Member

I use Godot 3.0.6 on Windows 10 64., I am creating a game similar to "Risk" or "Diplomacy" or "Civillian 3", you click on a territory of land to select it. I use a flood filled map of colors with each territory being a different color, I then use get_pixel to get the color of where I clicked and compare it to data stored in a json file to get the right territory. Ok, now here is the problem, get_pixel returns a color very similar to what is on the map but it is not exact. My game relies 100% on it being exact. The issue has been discussed and fixed for Godot 3.1 see the issue here https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/19652 I know it works in 3.1 because I created a duplicate of my project and tried the duplicate in a nightly build of 3.1 and the issue is fixed, it works. But it is not been done for Godot 3.0.6 so what can I do or what should I do? What would you do it it were you?

Best Answer

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580
    Accepted Answer

Show your interest and request the fix be back-ported? Migrate the project to 3.1 if it's released first?

Answers

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin
    Accepted Answer

Show your interest and request the fix be back-ported? Migrate the project to 3.1 if it's released first?