This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

How to edit Pah

miiversmiivers Posts: 3Member

Hello

I am transitioning from Unity3d to Godot and I am fairly new to the engine and its tools. I am trying to figure out how I can edit a Path(3d) from the scene editor. I get how add, remove and close path works but how do you position the points?

How can I move the points?
You can move one point at the time by left clicking and moving the mouse but I would like to move each point with a traditional transformation tool which lets you move in one axis at the time. Is this possible?

Is it possible to move several points at the same time?

Can I type in the position by hand somewhere?

Is the path a bezier curve? If that is the case. How do you display the control points?

Best Answer

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561
    Accepted Answer

@miivers said:
    Hello

I am transitioning from Unity3d to Godot and I am fairly new to the engine and its tools. I am trying to figure out how I can edit a Path(3d) from the scene editor. I get how add, remove and close path works but how do you position the points?

You can choose the select mode to move points within a Path3D. The button can be found at the top of the editor:

You can move one point at the time by left clicking and moving the mouse but I would like to move each point with a traditional transformation tool which lets you move in one axis at the time. Is this possible?

This is not doable to the best of my knowledge. It is a shame, as it would make positioning points along the path much easier. This would be a good feature request to add to the GitHub repository though!

Unfortunately, I do not think there is any way to move more than one point at a time. Likewise, this would also be a good feature request!

I do not think so, unfortunately. I thought you could be looking at the Curve3D in the inspector, but alas it appears you cannot position the points through the inspector.

Is the path a bezier curve? If that is the case. How do you display the control points?

Yes, the path is a bezier curve, as I just found out myself :lol:
    If you hold down the shift button while moving a point, then you can adjust the bezier curve for that point.

Hopefully this helps :smile:

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561Admin
    Accepted Answer

@miivers said:
    Hello

You can choose the select mode to move points within a Path3D. The button can be found at the top of the editor:

This is not doable to the best of my knowledge. It is a shame, as it would make positioning points along the path much easier. This would be a good feature request to add to the GitHub repository though!

Unfortunately, I do not think there is any way to move more than one point at a time. Likewise, this would also be a good feature request!

I do not think so, unfortunately. I thought you could be looking at the Curve3D in the inspector, but alas it appears you cannot position the points through the inspector.

Yes, the path is a bezier curve, as I just found out myself :lol:
    If you hold down the shift button while moving a point, then you can adjust the bezier curve for that point.

Hopefully this helps :smile:

• miiversmiivers Posts: 3Member

I am using the top and left viewport in order to position the points for now but a transform utility would be really nice :smile:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.