This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Debugging Godot

tcrasstcrass Posts: 30Member
edited March 2019 in Programming

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to debug a certain issue in Godot (see https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/27297), but I just cant get breakpoints to work properly in the IDEs I tried out. As already described in the issue report, I followed the instructions at https://docs.godotengine.org/en/3.1/development/cpp/configuring_an_ide.html for setting up KDevelop and QTCreator, but I still have the following problem(s):

• KDevelop:

• When some breakpoint gets hit, Godot halts as expected, but when reaching other breakpoints, KWin crashes and restarts (I'm on KDE running Debian/Stretch). For instance, Godot halts at a breakpoint set in modules/mobile_vr/MobileVRInterface::_bind_methods(), but causes a crash with a breakpoint set in MobileVRInterface::get_render_targetsize()
  • QTCreator:

• I obviously have difficulties telling the IDE where to find header files -- I've got tons of "unkown type name" and "use of undeclared identifier" errors, even after including godot.includes into the project.
    • As with KDevelop, not all breakpoints work. A breakpoint in modules/mobile_vr/MobileVRInterface::_bind_methods() (as mentioned above) causes Godot to halt, but a breakpoint in MobileVRInterface::get_render_targetsize() seems to just get ignored.

Any help on how to get breakpoints working appreciated!

Cheers --
Torsten

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.