This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

[WIP] Autoplayer, AudioServer experiments and visual helpers

urieluriel Posts: 59Member
edited October 2019 in Projects

Hi,
During my learning process, i did some cool experiments using audio within godot. i know very well that i will touch the limit of the Godot's internal audio at one point, but i am very curious to see by myself pushing this project as far as i can.

i really want to test some MIDI as well (if someone has experienced it, let me know) and see what is about the potencial of using Godot to create "Audio/Midi games".

if you are curious too, i invite you to download the demo and project files :

This version works with Godot 3.1 !
Github repository: AutoPlayer 0.0.0.2

UPDATE 19/10/19:
Two new modules are up to be updated today:

• A full player with a bunch of FX and treatments
  • A waveform generator with synchro

Also, i did understand how the bus system is working (very nicely) and how to set effects, where to find the possible combos and how to send those params to my controllers. i was always looking for complicate coding and channels.. as at the end the easiest option was the best one :) as always !
The spectrum node is very nice too, i just start with it but seems to be sufficient for most of the level control and band analysis.

i was very surprised how fast i could build the UI, (i am used to do it in c++ without editor), i suppose i will continue to do so because of the joy i had to play with the nodes and this very intuitive and pretty interface.
Don't ask me if it is a game =)

Anyway, there is many things to do , and my plan is to go step by step, learn the bases and the advanced features of godot and its audio section. I will update this topic in the future, to keep traking of the educational process.
Thanks

uriel

EDIT: The long term project looks like this ;) at the moment...

Tags :