This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Can shaders live in their own files?

def-pri-pubdef-pri-pub Posts: 6Member

When I created a shader for a Sprite object, I noticed that the shader code itself doesn't live in another file, but within the .tscn file. Is it possible to have this shader in a separate file? I tend to not use Godot's built in text editor.

Tags :

Comments

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin

Yeah, you should be able to save it from the inspector while you have the shader editor open.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.