This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Help with an 2D animation

Randor73Randor73 Posts: 4Member

Hello,
Not sure where exactly to ask questions on animation so i came here.

I am new to Godot and trying to play around..
what I want is a sprite to move back and forth by 500 pixels in 1 second..
But I want the ability to alter it in scripting, so i was trying to manually create the animation and keys so that I could later change the time length, distance, direction, etc..
I started by setting up a base animation (See Pic) and then added the scripting (see pic)
but when I run it, it does not error out, just doesnt move.
My theory was, because I have it on autoloop, if i start it in _ready() then it should just run?

Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thank you

Comments

• Randor73Randor73 Posts: 4Member

I solved it..
    -In my haste and frustration, I didnt realize that it HAD kicked out an error.. I was calling ArrowX:position, but i needed to call Sprite:position

Thank yoi for looking though...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.