This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

I don't understand scene placement and cameras/UIs

SplashskySplashsky Posts: 8Member

Hey there! I'm running into a new issue with my project. I saved the player as a scene, and so it self contains it's sprite and camera, as well as the user interface. The problem I now have is that the placement of the player in it's own scene affects its placement in the game scene, which is not what I want to have happen.

I also don't understand at all how to place UI elements, as my current UI sits dead center of the camera attached to the player.

A link to a video of my troubles is here. Any help or advice you could offer would be awesome. Thanks!

Tags :

Comments

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561Admin
    edited December 2019

I do not know if it will work or not, but have the UI scene as a child node of a CanvasLayer node instead of the Camera2D node. That should make it where the UI is on its own canvas layer, which should place it according to the Control anchors in the UI scene.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.