This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Some other concept art . .

jbrooks79jbrooks79 Posts: 2,241Premoderated

Some stuff, from games I've wanted to make . . made on iPad, with a Apple pen . .

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 928Moderator

Cool. I bought a graphics tablet for my PC for only $30 (works with Linux) but it's kind of hard to use. I should probably check drawing on the iPad with the pen. Probably easier. Thanks for sharing.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin

You might both find this a interesting resource:

https://drawabox.com

• jbrooks79jbrooks79 Posts: 2,241Premoderated
    edited January 2020

I know there are professional drawing software, but I like 3D, pixels, and vectors, and I think Apple, and Photoshop is more for well ' girls ' . . Linux, PC, Playstation, that's what I like, and making pixels . . I don't want to learn to draw professionally, I'm very happy with where I am, but it looks like a good site, for learning art . .

I have a 22 inch Huion Kamvas Pro 2019 Edition ( the only drawing tablet in the world with 8 ms delay time, on inputs, not even the 20 inch Huion has that ) . .

Some pictures I made, in paint, I'm happy with my level, don't want to be an artist, but a programmer, and game maker . .

• jbrooks79jbrooks79 Posts: 2,241Premoderated
    edited January 2020

I don't want to be able to make ' art ', I want to make video game characters, in 3D, made with pixels, and vectors . . That's fun, being a vain, self-absorbed artist, it's not for me, I like computer . .

If I have to learn to draw, I'll get the book Boris Vallejo made, he's the artist who made these, in the 1980's, he's written a book, about his techniques, his methods . .

This book :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VALLEJOS-FANTASY-TECH-Boris-Vallejo/dp/1850280053/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=boris+vallejo+art&qid=1578530589&sr=8-7

Most really good artists on youtube have also gone to art school, and they've had course on the masters, anatomy, and physiology . . I'd probably study Leonardo da Vince, Michelangelo, and so on, first . . In my experience, if one goes to the masters first, one learns a solid foundation, for drawing . . IF I wanted to learn to draw professionally, but I don't, I want to make a game, on computer . .

I like your ideas, they're top-quality, but it's not what I want to focus on right now, I want to learn Visual Scripting, and then take other people youtube tutorials, and explain them in Visual Scripting, how to do other people's code, in a Visual Scripting tutorial series, that's what I'd like to do, right now . .