This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Marathon Match 3

tx350ztx350z Posts: 10Member
edited February 2020 in Projects

Too cold and wet to do anything in my wood shop so I decided to spend the last month building a game. After much research I settled on Godot. Congrats to everyone involved in creating and maintaining Godot. Good work!

Disclaimer: This is my first Godot project and my first attempt at a game. My goal is to make the game available on Windows, Android, iOS, and Web.

The proof-of-concept phase is done. There is a considerable amount of work to do before it is finished. You can find the PoC web version here: https://match3.homebuilt-lan.com I'll leave this up until Mar 1, 2020.

Now I am wondering if it is worth the time investment to finish it. I have several questions:

1) While loading, there is a very long delay (7-10 seconds) between the spinning wheel and the main page. I assume this is due to initializations, etc. How do I speed this up and how do I display something to let the user know the app isn't hung?

2) How to monetize the game. I am aware of the admob plugin but that is only helpful on Android/iOS. What options exist for the web version?

3) The game causes Firefox on my Android to crash with an error about WebGL context being lost. Is this just a memory issue or possibly a timeout (see 1 above)?

Any info or feedback is welcome.

Tags :