This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Asteroids: Space Shooter — My take on the popular retro genre

JøølsJøøls Posts: 1Member
edited February 2020 in Projects

After more than a month of development I am thrilled to present my very first game: Asteroids!

The premise is simple, shoot your way through 10 waves of dangerous enemies, hot lasers, and shaking explosions to claim victory! I initially created the first version of Asteroids all the way back in 2014, using simple HTML and CSS. Over the years I've remade Asteroids on new platforms as I taught myself new programming languages and techniques. I've never committed to create a finished version of Asteroids until I discovered Godot.

One month later and Asteroids is finally polished & released =)

You can check it out on itch.io right here (100% free!)
https://exodius-studios.itch.io/asteroids

Thank you for reading, and thanks for Godot for bringing Asteroids to life!

Tags :

Comments

• justinbarrettjustinbarrett Posts: 178Member

That was pretty fun..ship was slightly loose feeling, but maybe that was your intention...in any case nice work...my son is playing it right now :)...he loves it.

• JordanDi123JordanDi123 Posts: 1Member

I am greatly impressed with how Asteroids turned out after watching the game progress in development. I loved helping out with beta testing over the last few weeks. I will continue to stream this game to my audience and hopefully bring more attention to it. <3

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 928Moderator

Really nice. The timing on the music and menu screens, is perfect (fading out sound, etc.). I thought the ship was a little strange to control, but I was able to figure it out.