This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Path2D in 3.2 Issues

beanpuffsbeanpuffs Posts: 7Member

Just started on a project and am looking at using Path2Ds to draw curves- Only hang-up is that Path2Ds in general seem to be busted right now, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

I tried using the script at the bottom of this post and it did nothing despite the one comment saying it did- unsure it ever worked.
Then I tried to just draw a polyline based on the baked Curve2D points from a Path2D without any other steps and where I would've expected to get a PoolVector2D from either .get_baked_points() or .tesellate() I did not receive any. I also tried seeing if I had to call update() to receive anything- no go. And of course, yes I did make a shape with the Path2D.

Then I decided to just test Path2D as intended so I added a PathFollow2D and added a simple script that incremented the unit_offset between 0 and 1 a little every frame- changing the unit_offset worked fine in the editor but upon running this the PathFollow2D just sat in place which I thought was odd considering I had just watched a video that basically did the same thing and had it worked.

Just me or are Path2Ds working funny in 3.2? If they're fine then I'd appreciate a little help with the first thing I was doing.

Best Answer

• beanpuffsbeanpuffs Posts: 7
    Accepted Answer

As if by magic, all my problems just resolved. Phantom points!!!

Answers

• beanpuffsbeanpuffs Posts: 7Member

So, turns out for some reason my Path2D's path had been showing me phantom points till just a second ago. Added new points and now PathFollow2D works, just like it should have been. ???

• beanpuffsbeanpuffs Posts: 7Member
    Accepted Answer

As if by magic, all my problems just resolved. Phantom points!!!

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 928Moderator

See if you can reproduce in a simple project and maybe file a bug report if you think it's a bug.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.