This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Adding Collision Shapes to Your TileMaps, two methods, ups and downs, and when to use which

Stefan_GameDevStefan_GameDev Posts: 49Member

You got your TileMap set up? Great! Now let's make sure we can bump into things by adding collisions to our TileMaps! Here is a video that explains the important differences between two approaches and when to use one over the other :)

Comments

• jbrooks79jbrooks79 Posts: 2,241Premoderated

Hello, I'm fascinated by your tutorials, and actually anticipate them, but I can't do the codes, I was wondering for a few tutorials, on how to do SIMPLE things, in visual script, I'm a noob . . . . You are already a legend, always excited, can't wait to one day also be able to do the code, then I will binge, for sure . . . ;) <3

• Stefan_GameDevStefan_GameDev Posts: 49Member

Hey JBrooks, thank you for your kind words :) I personally never used visual script as coding is, to me, so much faster. Honestly, I haven't ever opened the visual script editor yet :#

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin

Hmm, an interesting tutorial on VS might be on how to read/reverse engineer a text/typed script and re-implement it in VS.

• Stefan_GameDevStefan_GameDev Posts: 49Member

@Megalomaniak that would be interesting, but I believe I'm not the right one to make such a tutorial.