This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Buttons aren't pressing.

WAAAAAAWAWAWAAAAAAWAWA Posts: 22Member

Hello,
I have an issue with any and all button nodes: when I am clicking them, they are not responding.
No clue how to fix this; I've tried messing around with all relative signals and properties of the node.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Tags :

Best Answer

• SIsilicon28SIsilicon28 Posts: 693
    edited April 2020 Accepted Answer

test.tscn is the only scene with a button, so I'm assuming that's the one you want us to check.

Well I can immediately see that it's not connected to anything, and there's no script in the scene to use the signal anyway. :/

Edit: After giving it a script and connecting the signals, I now see what you mean. I narrowed down the problem to one of your autoloads (SceneChanger). Its Control nodes were blocking the inputs.

After setting both Control and Black to have a mouse filter mode of Ignore, the button works fine.

Answers

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin

Perhaps theres a node in front of them that is capturing the mouse input without letting it pass on? Check the mouse filters perhaps?

• WAAAAAAWAWAWAAAAAAWAWA Posts: 22Member

Nodes aren't the issue... how would I check the mouse filter? Excuse me if that's a stupid question

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin
    edited April 2020

on control type nodes in the inspector you can find mouse related settings that control how the mouse input is handled by the node.

Still nothing. Thanks for your suggestions though.

• SIsilicon28SIsilicon28 Posts: 693Moderator

Could you show us a minimal reprojection project that outlines your issue just enough? There might be more things going on here than you can just tell through text.

Sure.
    The whole project is small so here is the link to the download for the project.godot file: https://adamb.itch.io/button-isnt-working
    Inside there's a scene named 'test' which has only a button inside (sorry, it's a bit small, you might want to enlarge it). As I said, the issue is that when I press the button it plainly doesn't respond.
    Let me know if this isn't clear enough or you need more info etc.

edited April 2020

Bruh. You only uploaded the project file. There's no scene, no scripts, nothing. :/

whoops my mistake

edited April 2020 Accepted Answer

test.tscn is the only scene with a button, so I'm assuming that's the one you want us to check.

Well I can immediately see that it's not connected to anything, and there's no script in the scene to use the signal anyway. :/

Edit: After giving it a script and connecting the signals, I now see what you mean. I narrowed down the problem to one of your autoloads (SceneChanger). Its Control nodes were blocking the inputs.

After setting both Control and Black to have a mouse filter mode of Ignore, the button works fine.

Oh okay, brilliant. Thanks for your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.