This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

The 3D object looks different between PC and iPhone

cucaidocucaido Posts: 7Member

I'm using Godot 3.2 on Mac OS, the graphic card is RX 570. The renderer is OpenGL ES 3.0.
My test device is an iPhone 7.
As you can see in the images below. In the editor and the game running on my Mac, the Volleyball object looks the same, but when I export to iOS and deploy to my phone the Volleyball object got transparent in some parts.
What is the reason and what is the possible fix?

On macOS

On iPhone 7

Tags :

Comments

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin

That looks like it could possibly be a depth issue. I recommend you open the project settings and use the search bar there to search for depth. Then try changing settings in relation to depth that might come up to see if they might fix it.

• cucaidocucaido Posts: 7Member

I found the setting for the Deep prepass, Its was disabled for Apple, I removed it, also checked the box Depth > HDR.mobile, but the result still remains.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin

Hmm, then return those settings to defaults. It's likely a problem with bumpmap/normals.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,561Admin

Looking at the picture, I wonder if the issue is with specularity. The blue walls around the ball are not shiny like in the first picture. The portion of the ball that is incorrect also seems to be around where I would expect lighting calculations to be performed, which also hints that it might be causing the issue. If that is the issue, I'm not sure what a good fix would be though.

• cucaidocucaido Posts: 7Member

@TwistedTwigleg in the second image the ball moved a little because I made it move by the accelerometer of the phone, that why it is not in the same position and portion, it had rolled. But you are right, I forgot to mention that the walls in the second image don't shiny like the first image, it should reflect the light like the original object I exported from Blender.
    I tried to run this on the iGPU UHD630 of the CPU Intel Core i3 9100 and it shows the same issue.
    Sadly, I don't understand much about the 3D model to investigate this :(

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 928Moderator

Might be a problem with the model. Can you check in your modelling app? Maybe there is something wrong with the normals, or it's not a closed mesh. It's probably also a good idea to apply all transforms before exporting.

• CalinouCalinou Posts: 376Admin Godot Developer

Consider switching to the GLES2 renderer, as the GLES3 renderer has many issues on mobile and Web platforms.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.