Generating 3D shooter maps
I'm making a multiplayer game and want to procedurally generate the maps. I am wondering what would be a good approach to generating these maps. I am using
Gridmaps to piece together the map, but am trying to figure out which algorithm'/method to use. Here are some guidelines I have for generating the map:
- Must be large enough to accommodate up to four players.
- The map must utilize
- Any hallways/corridors must be connected to other corridors or rooms (i.e. no dead ends).
- Spawn points for the players will be set at an equal distance from the center of the map.
- There will be spot on the map with large, open areas.
- The players will be able to easily move vertically, be it ramps or jump pads. I may even put in teleporters.
I have thought of using some kind of dungeon generator and adjusting it to make larger rooms. Though I don't know how I'll adapt that for 3D. Also I don't entirely know how I'll make the hallways/corridors without dead ends.