This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

How do I configure which CollisionShape2D get used as hitboxes for a KinematicBody2D ?

AkkaVodolAkkaVodol Posts: 2Member

So I'm using a KinematicBody2D object, and in that node I have a CollisionShape2D which I want to use as the hitbox of that object. However, I also have other CollisionShape2Ds, which I'm using for other purposes, but which I don't want to collide with the environment when my object moves. How do I configure which CollisionShape2D is used as the hitbox ?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new to the language and I couldn't find an answer in the docs.

Answers

• SIsilicon28SIsilicon28 Posts: 693Moderator

It looks like your post got stuck in moderation queue. Make sure that you have verified your email address.

• SIsilicon28SIsilicon28 Posts: 693Moderator

Also, what are the purposes of the other collision shapes?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.