This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Making a level select screen with level previews

AaronLiangAaronLiang Posts: 3Member
edited June 2020 in 2D

I'm making a level select screen for my tower defense game, and I want the player to see a small image of each level's layout. Is there an easy way to convert a tilemap into an image and then instance that in another scene? Or do I just have to create the previews from scratch?

Tags :

Comments

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin
    edited June 2020

Could use a viewport to render it, but that would require loading the level just to render it into the viewport. Better might be to just prerender it and save that as a texture. You might also be able to use that prerender then as mini-map if you wanted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.