This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

Pathfollow problem

Lovingsoul1337Lovingsoul1337 Posts: 3Member
edited June 2020 in Programming

Hey there ! Can you may help me figuring something out :)

I got a path and a pathfollow2d and want that 2 sprites follow the path in this case a sun and a moon !

--> https://snipboard.io/5Oj2cL.jpg
--> https://snipboard.io/SDm1kQ.jpg

but for some reason they look strange like you see in the second picture...can you may help me how to solve this ? Thank you ! :)

And another question i want create a scene called parralax background i want add the sun and moon system to the parralax background is there a way that the system automaticly expand with level size so that the sun and moon system fits every level good ?

i tought about something like a viewport or attach it to a camera so that wherever the player goes you see the sun and moon.

But i think it would be better if i atach it to a level and automaticly fits the level...

thanks in advance !

Comments

• SIsilicon28SIsilicon28 Posts: 693Moderator

It's because you are using one PathFollow2D for both the sun and moon. Notice how the moon's orientation relative to the sun is the same in both pictures. You need to give each sprite their own PathFollow2D parent.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,580Admin

Renamed topic to be a bit more descriptive.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.