This is the testing Godot forums! All forum posts unique to this forum will be deleted! Please use the main forums here for any posts you want to keep. All forum rules still apply.

In game menu for local mulitplayer

WhiningfieldsWhiningfields Posts: 11Member

Hi!
I'm making a local 4 player game and have had a great deal of problems with implementing a in game menu for weapon selection. I've got the menu to appear for each player - the 'weapon_menu' scene consists of a 'node2d with a grid container and three buttons as children). Testing with print statements, the input does register in the weapon_menu scene - but how do I get the buttons to actually register the input (as in how to move to the next button and highlight it etc. on input)?

What I'm going for is - input up/down for choosing a button and left/right for selecting/pressing it.

*I've looked at too many tutorials on GUIs and general menus - but found none explaining this (as an in game menu - ie the game is still running, and using gui_input seems off (as in setting up gui_input for 4 players instead of using the inputs already there). If I've missed a good tutorial on this exact subject, please feel free to point me to it.

I'm rather new, and exact feedback is appreciated as I'm at a total loss figuring this out.

Thank you!

Tags :

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.